Friday 16 April 2010

Now where do I place those images?

So who ya gonna call? OK which stock library ya gonna call? It's a perennial question for people looking beyond the most obvious candidates online.

Looking for credit lines in the media is one obvious place to start, find a library that has credit lines for works in the same areas that you can supply, that's a start.
Otherwise it's looking at the search facilities for members of the stock library trade bodies.

In the UK, that's BAPLA. and they have an A-Z search by name but maybe more useful is their category search.
http://www.bapla.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=44

In the US, it's PACA http://www.pacaoffice.org/ and the membership directory can be searched by category or name.

In Europe it's CEPIC who represent the trade associations http://www.cepic.org/directory so you can link to the association and search via them.

Getting the right images to the right libraries is an important part of the stock business.

1 comment:

  1. Pexels is a free stock photography website.
    It wasn’t until last year that I learned about this site (thanks to a reader), and I’m so glad I did.
    I absolutely love Pexels. It’s the only website I use when I need free stock images for my blog posts.
    I think this could actually be one of the most useful websites for bloggers. Especially in a time where visuals are a must for your blog content.
    Images on Pexels are free for personal and commercial use. They can be modified, distributed, and do not require attribution.
    If you’re looking for more websites that offer free images, check out my post Where to Find Free Images for Your Blog.

    ReplyDelete